An easier way to apply for facilities funding.
Inspired Facilities is focused on making it easier for local community and volunteer groups to improve and refurbish sports clubs or transform non-sporting venues into modern sports facilities.
£50 million of National Lottery funding will be invested in 1,000 community sports projects between 2011 and 2014.
Community and voluntary organisations, including Parish and Town Councils, can apply for grants worth between £20,000 and £50,000.
Local authorities, statutory bodies and education establishments can apply for grants between £20,000 and £150,000.
To qualify for a grant you will need to:
- Show how your project will attract more people to sport and keep them in sport
- Demonstrate that it is needed and wanted by the local community
- Explain how it will cover its running costs and remain open for sporting use for years to come
In particular, Sport England is looking for projects or organisations across the country that:
- Have not previously received an individual sports Lottery grant worth £10,000 or more
- Offer local opportunities to people who do not currently play sport, or
- Are the only public sports facility in the local community
There are four simple steps to applying for an Inspired Facilities grant:
- Is your project eligible?
- What do you need?
- Work out your project costs
- Fill in your online application form
Visit the Inspired Facilities website for further information, or contact our Funding Officer, Clare Gilman-Abel, for advice about whether your club is suitable and filling in your application form.