British Water Ski & Wakeboard Programme Manager
Permanent Full Time Role – Initially Fixed Term Until December 2015 (renewable) and subject to a three month probationary period.
The Programme Manager is a key position supporting the delivery of British Water Ski & Wakeboard’s (BWSW) Sport England funded programmes. As part of a small development team the Programme Manager will work with affiliates in the North and East regions to increase participation at sites that are able to offer a high quality experience. The main aim is to support BWSW’s participation and network development programmes. This post holder will lead on BWSW’s adult participation programme, Clubmark and volunteering provision and will have skills and experience relevant to these areas. In addition each member of the development team will lead on a key area of our development strategy for the sport; this may be subject to change and an with an adaptive approach, the Programme Manager will need to orientate their focus and workload as part of a changing environment and developing sector.
- Reporting to: Head of Development
- Salary etc: Up to £25,000 dependent upon skills and experience, 25 days holiday per annum (bank holidays not included) with one day for each additional 2 years of service up to a maximum of 28 days. Company private medical scheme in place and Contributory pension scheme pending.
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm including some weekend / evenings as required. Flexible location however you would be expected to work from HQ in Chertsey, Surrey for an agreed number of days per month (expenses would be covered). The post requires extensive travel specifically in the North and East.
- Other: Hold a current clean full Driving Licence and have two years’ experience in a similar development role. A DBS disclosure (formerly CRB) is required for this role.
Building and sustaining links with our network of affiliates to support and encourage the roll out of both the participation and network development programmes. Part of the development team to ensure successful delivery on a wide range of programmes and related targets within our 2013/17 funded strategy.
- Participation programmes, club development and volunteer support.
- Lead on the Clubmark programme engaging with external partners to achieve key targets.
- Engage with sites and partners to deliver related programmes e.g. Sportivate.
- Assist with website content in relation to development news and downloadable resources.
- Assist with maintenance and production of resources and documentation.
- Assist with club related communications either hard copy or electronic.
- Club Development
- To encourage and promote the affiliation of clubs and facilities to BWSW and to support our affiliates:
- Act as relationship manager for a number of affiliates and County Sports Partnerships in the North and East.
- Build strong relationships at club level to support the work of the governing body and promote our key aims and objectives for the sport.
- Maintain accurate club database records and club officials directory.
- Monitor and log compliance of Club Welfare Officers with Safeguarding requirements. Work with our network to identify sources of funding for projects and support the application process where possible.
- Support clubs to become more self-sufficient and proactive within their community.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on the closing date of Friday 20th December 2013. Interviews will take place the week commencing the 20th January 2014.
SYSport & Handball Internship Opportunity
SYSport and England Handball are looking to recruit a South Yorkshire Handball Intern. This exciting opportunity will involve recruiting, training and supporting young leaders in the development of Handball across South Yorkshire, driving up participation in the Olympic sport at a local level.
Through the programme there are also opportunities to work with England Handball on Girls4Gold events including a national tournament as a celebration and culmination of the Girls4Gold project.
If you are highly motivated, have a passion for sport and offer excellent communication skills please complete the application form returning to Simon Pugh, Development Manager at SYSport: firstname.lastname@example.org or for all enquiries please email or telephone Simon on: 0114 223 5677.
Primary P.E Instructor
Part Time – with potential to extend to full time
Salary – Negotiable: £12.00 – £15.00 per hour Dependent on experience
Closing Date – 20/12/13
JB’s Sports Coaching are leading providers in the Sports Education market, delivering services to primary schools within Lincolnshire. We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic P.E instructor who will be able to provide Primary Schools with high quality Physical Education. The successful candidate will need to be able to deliver the National Curriculum for P.E to the whole primary age range. They will also provide support to schools to develop an extra-curricular programme that improves the quality and quantity of participation. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of customer care, so in addition to your coaching responsibilities, you will be expected to build and develop relationships within our customer base.
If you have a passion for sport, engaging with children and set yourself the highest standards, then we would be delighted to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to progress within a dynamic and growing company.
• A minimum NGB Level 2 qualification
• Have experience of delivering P.E to all Primary age ranges in a school setting
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to develop lasting partnerships with pupils, staff and parents
• Enhanced CRB check upon employment
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Full Driving Licence and access to own transport required as travelling between schools.
• Experience in the sports coaching and/or education sector
• The ability to deliver high quality sport and physical activity sessions
• A working knowledge of the National Curriculum for Physical Education
• A working knowledge/understanding of effective pupil behaviour management
If you believe you fit this role and could make a positive impact on school sport, please send a CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
Part Time Community Coach (16 hours)
Hours: 16 Hours per week
Location: Various Venues in Lincoln
Responsible to: Education Officer
Reporting to: Education Officer
Purpose of post: To plan, deliver and monitor sporting activities across a range of sectors delivered by the trust.
Lincoln City FC Sport & Education Trust are a local charity organisation who is looking to recruit a Part Time Community Sports Coach to support our delivery within the community and education.
The trust is currently a registered Charity whose aims are to provide sporting and educational opportunities throughout Lincolnshire. Our work includes disability, PPA, after school clubs, social inclusion, health plus much more.
We are looking for a well-motivated individual who can work as part of a team and as an individual plus be required to complete the necessary administration around each session you deliver.
For more information about the role please view the job description and person specification on our website www.lcfcset.com
In order to apply for a position as a Part Time Community Coach with Lincoln City FC Sport & Education Trust please send a completed CV and covering letter addressed to Paul Hamnett, Trust Manager, Lincoln City FC Sport & Education Trust, Sincil Bank Stadium, Lincoln, LN5 8LD or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th December
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership
Location: 1 x Boston, 1 x Gainsborough, 1 x Grantham & 2 x Lincoln
Salary: £80.40 per week
Job type: Community Sports
Employer: Roots Project CIC
Placement: Positive Futures Lincolnshire
Closing date: 9th December
Roots Project is seeking to employ 5 Community Sports Apprentices in the Lincolnshire area who will be placed with the Positive Futures Lincolnshire team.
The post will involve working on a number of local & national sports initiatives alongside partner organisations including, sports clubs, district councils, voluntary clubs and preventative services for young people.
This placement requires self motivated, highly organised and caring individuals with well developed interpersonal skills. You will be expected to be flexible to the specific needs of the young people attending the sessions and work as part of a fast moving and energetic team.
Pay is a minimum of £80.40 per week, with the placements lasting 12 months long. If a candidate can demonstrate a strong and effective work ethic then a coaching position as part of the Roots Project or Positive Futures Lincolnshire Team may be offered
You can apply for this apprenticeship by visiting the National Apprentice Services website.
Please feel contact your local Positive Futures worker for further information or call Dave Sampher on 01522 691879 or email David.email@example.com
Volunteer Coaches (Various)
Lincolnshire Sports Partnership is looking for various coaches across Lincolnshire on an ad hoc basis to deliver a variety of activities in the area including Sport, Physical activity and cultural activities.
Coaches are paid per hour and times are flexible. If you are qualified, register on our coaches network for up to date news on opportunities.
For more information contact Lizzie Borrill on 01522 585580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org