The easiest way to become more active is to build it into your regular routine, and make sure you choose to do a variety of things you enjoy.
- Walk or cycle to work more often
- Take the stairs instead of the lift
- Get off the bus one stop early and walk
- Plan an active weekend with your family and friends
- Set yourself a challenge, such as a 5k run
- Join a sports club
- Buy a kite or a frisbee and go to the park
- Buy a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day
- Surround yourself with active people (they’re the most fun anyway)
- Take your neighbour’s dog for a walk
- Be inspired and try all the Olympics and Paralympic Sports
Whatever you decide, we’re here to help – and hope that our Physical Activity pages will help along the way!